Subscribe Now: standardSmall

Friday, April 8, 2011

Mad Men streaming exclusively on Netflix


WSJ is reporting Netflix bagged the rights to exclusively stream Mad Men. This is great news.

Mad Men is a critically acclaimed series. I have not watched one episode so far but I know I am going to watch all seasons when they come on Netflix. It was the same case with Weeds.

Apparently Netflix stocks took a nose dive after the deal was announced. For once, I am really happy that someone at a big company actually cares about customers and not the stock holders. I admire Netflix for having the guts to do what is best for customers and not the investors.

I have always believed the first and foremost concern for any company should be customers, followed by employees and last comes investors. These days, it seems to be the other way around. Companies only care for their stock price (investors, stock holders), then maybe customers and absolutely last is the employees. Such is the sad state of companies these days. How can one forget the age old driving principle - customer first. Your company is in the shape it is today because the customers patronage and because of the hard work of your employees. Any how, I am digressing.

I hope Netflix continues to be the great company that it is today and keeps it focus on doing what it wants to do. It is amazing the kind of focus they have. They dont want to be a VOD service, they dont want to sell discs, they dont want to do something else. I wish more companies were like them and they continue to be like them when they stop growing and start to taper off.

The information seem to suggest Mad Men will be available for streaming starting July 1st.

Have fun with those mad men

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no spam.